Development & External Relations Department of a major downtown non-profit seeks a Temp to Hire Development Director who will actively contribute to the success of fundraising and marketing goals. The Development Director will be an integral member of a growing development team and will serve in a generalist capacity. Will support operations and planning, execute several giving strategies, including annual giving, major gift pipeline development and solicitation. The Development Director will research, write, edit and manage development-related collateral, online content, publications, speaking remarks and other materials for the Office of External Affairs. The success of the Director of Development in fulfilling the following responsibilities will contribute greatly to the overall departmental and agency success.
- Provide guidance in the use of the organization’s development database (DonorPro), becoming an expert in its design and functionality, and developing strategies for its use.
- Oversee quality control of database insuring accurate record management, report generation, gifts processing, data entry, preparing grant and gift reporting materials, and biographical record keeping.
- Develop and manage an ongoing volunteer engagement program working closely with VP of Development & External Relations and ,advisedly, with program and administrative staff to identify areas of need, recruiting volunteers as needed, supervising their training and associated logistics of volunteers, and stewardship of volunteer relationship.
- Collaborate with staff and VP of Development & External Relations to publish a quarterly newsletter and periodic e-communications to donors, friends, and prospective donors.
- Support the Development & External Relations Department in establishing long-range goals and objectives for development programs and activities that reflect the organizations priorities.
Fund Raising Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the Vice President, plan, organize, coordinate and implement on-going fundraising programs, ensuring that these programs run smoothly and according to plan and are successful in their overall goals and objectives.
- Draft fundraising communications, including special fundraising letters, updated acknowledgments, email blasts, website material/content, meetings notes etc.
- Act as a sounding board for custom thinking, new approaches, and various strategic recommendations for fundraising strategies to maximize revenue across all development areas.
- Assist Vice President with systems, processes, and protocols around donor stewardship.
- Participate in public and prospect outreach efforts and events.
- Provide any information to database, ensuring that all information regarding meetings, gifts, and donor information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Analyze and help maintain prospect and donor tracking and trending information.
- Provide assistance and support to the Vice President in preparation for donors, board, and special meetings. This includes preparing agendas, coordinating the preparation of materials, handling mailings, distributing meeting notes, etc.
- Work with the Vice President to ensure that all professional and legal fundraising procedures are followed for documenting and reporting of gifts and donations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Individual Giving/Annual Fund:
- Draft donor recognition letters, acknowledgements, and other correspondence.
- Assist with the production and mailing of donor and prospect communication for annual donors.
- Perform donor research, prospecting and recommending prospective major donors to VP of Development.
- Coordinate and execute cultivation and solicitation events
- Assist VP of Development in coordinating and executing cultivation and solicitation events for Board of Directors
- Develop and update a fundraising dashboard template quarterly that reports on all fundraising based on giving levels and revenue lines in addition to a year-end budget-to-actuals fundraising report.
- Assist VP of Development with all assigned donor level stewardship and cultivation activities, including, but not limited to, calls, thank you notes, recruiting Board and Corporation member participation, emails, and other outreach.
- Research, develop, implement and evaluate strategies for individual, foundation and corporate engagement /fundraising, and assist the VP of Development, staff and board in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Assist with planning and execution of donor cultivation/solicitation events and special events.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong computer skills (DonorPro or other donor software, Microsoft Office, and publication/creative software).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience interacting with internal and external parties.
- Commitment to working with staff, donors and constituents.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning in a fast-paced work environment and growing organization.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment, and handle high-pressure situations.
- Outstanding organization skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate potential project complications or needs before they arise.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with five years of successful non-profit, fundraising experience, demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility.
If you are an experienced development and fundraising professional please reply to Job 30049. Only those candidates for further consideration will be contacted.