Development, Fundraising and Communications Associate
O'Hare Airport Area, IL
Seeking a dynamic Development and Communications Associate to assist the Development Director and other senior staff with all fundraising, development and communication activities. Will be supporting the Corporate Relations Committee, Development Committee and Nominating Committee. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to fulfill the mission and goals of our client.
Communications, Appeals, and Social Media
- Execute donor and prospect communications as planned for the year, which may include mail appeals, e-appeals, e-newsletters, annual reports, e-blasts, etc.
- Produce lists and work with Development Director to decide target
- Provide analysis and evaluation of the appeal
- Develop improved ways to raise the visibility of our client through social media and our website using best practices.
- Coordinate fundraising or cultivation events as planned for the year.
- Serve as lead contact for all media and creative vendors, including graphic design and printed materials.
Donor Acknowledgment and Database Maintenance
- Manage Raiser’s Edge database and ensure accurate records.
- Record and acknowledge donations.
- Handle donor questions and requests.
- Create and run donor reports for analysis.
- Must be proficient in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a non-profit fundraising/development environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher), WordPress, social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Previous Foundation experience highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Luminate Online preferred.
- Must be highly self-directed, well organized, detail oriented and comfortable completing tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Applicants must exhibit professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with individuals at all levels.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic are a must.