Customer Service Representative
Elk Grove Village, IL
Customer Service Call Center Representative
Our client in Elk Grove Village, IL is seeking 2 experienced Customer Service Call Center Representatives. This position will report directly to the Customer Service Supervisor and will be for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers. This position also requires a thorough understanding of billing and underwriting system transactions.
Pay will be $14/hr. This position is an indefinite temporary position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer a high volume of incoming calls from customers.
- Process customer credit card and electronic check payments.
- Maintain the customer service email inbox, responding to all customer service inquiries or forwarding to the appropriate party.
- Answer basic and complex customer questions, researching when necessary to respond accurately.
- Respond to customer complaints with tact and patience in order to increase customer satisfaction.
- Properly escalate customer concerns to underwriting or management when necessary.
- Additional duties are required, however priority will be given to the customer call center.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in customer service.
- Previous experience within the insurance industry preferred.
- Superior communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to operate within multiple systems simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, call center environment.
- Strong organization skills and ability to quickly transition from one task to another.