Overland Park, KS
Busy customer service department of large testing lab has an immediate opening to cover a maternity leave. Hours are 8:30 AM to 5:PM, Monday through Friday. Client will want to see resume and interview.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Demonstrate professional etiquette and courtesy when communicating with customers and provide exceptional customer service by phone, fax, and email.
- Handle incoming phone calls, sample tracking, order tracking, result status information , and any additional services requested
- Handle and respond to fax requests, and e-mail inquiries by promptly identifying appropriate course of action from reference and databases available
- Verify and obtain verbal/written authorization for copies of results and to add additional tests
- Verify insurance company information for accuracy and completeness and resolves discrepancies as needed when company changes are requested
- Enter kits orders in Oracle database accurately and verify or obtain account information for accurate tracking and invoicing
- Provide copies of lab slips and documents to insurance companies, paramed companies, and agents who are authorized to receive them.
- Research and resolve kit order problems
- Record internal or external system problems and any transmission issues by entering help tickets
- Maintain detail call log and work log for future reference and for reporting productivity
- Required to meet and exceed department KPI’s
- Process applicant requests for results by following the guidelines of the Heath Savvy program.
- Research and resolve misdirected samples. Research client/paramed inquiries about received/missing samples, tests, documents
- Communicate to supervisor, and Support Services any delays in sample turn around longer than 3 days from receipt
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all company and client information
- Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
- Keep work area neat and clean
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties of Customer Service Rep 1
- Research sample problems (orphans, unsigns, impropers) and contact appropriate paramed/agent to resolve problem.
- Assist customers with user training and troubleshooting problems in Oasis, and Saliva training websites
- Fax daily reports to appropriate insurance companies accurately
- Open and process mail
- Prepare daily requests for copies of results for scanning and deliver to the Document Center
- Order cartridges for printers and fax machines
- Research empty lab pack and contact the appropriate customer of the situation
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of customer service experience or call center experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal skills
- Including good voice quality
- Articulation and listening skills
- Analysis and problem solving abilities
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Follow through and dependability
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Work well under pressure
- Team player
- Good written communication skills
- PC skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet knowledge, and comfortable working in a Windows environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting for prolonged periods of time; lifting up to 25 lbs.
EQUIPMENT: PC and communications equipment
OTHER: Overtime as required to meet customer needs, to be determined daily. Frequent telephone use. Flexible starting times.
Level 2: Minimum 6 months experience as Customer Service Representative Level I