Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO organization needs a Business Manager:
The job of Business Manager was establish for the purpose/s of providing support to department activities with specific responsibility for ensuring that overall fiscal policies and/or regulations meet compliance requirements; maintaining accurate account balances; evaluating feasibility of services within budget parameters; ensuring efficient use of financial resources; and providing financial information, guidance and recommendations to department ministry leaders, Trustee and Deacon Board, pastor and/or regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes financial information for the purpose of identifying potential budget variances, compiling statistical information, developing procedure, and conforming to established financial practices and regulatory requirements
- Assists auditors for the purpose of providing requested supporting documentation, information on internal processes, and/or coordinating activities in support of the audit process.
- Assists with or prepares reports ( e. g. State labor reports, benefit, State and federal tax reports) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Collaborates with Financial Department and/or outside agencies, Trustee and Deacon Board and/or ministry leaders for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or program in accordance with established financial policies, practices, law and/or regulatory guidelines.
- Implement accounting procedure for the purpose of providing internal financial controls through the church.
- Monitor expenditures against budget and/or a wide variety of account information for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of reported information, availability of funds, and compliance with established financial guidelines and church policies, practices/procedures provide and regulatory requirements.
- Provides technical expertise (Shelby system) and direction to Financial Department, Boards, ministry leaders and Congregation regarding accounting issues and related financial activities for the purpose of conveying pertinent information regarding the church financial operations and ensuring compliance with church policies, procedures and regulatory requirement.
- Reconciles fiscal information and account balances for the purpose of verifying accuracy of information, maintaining accurate balances and complying with accounting practices.
- Records receipt of all church revenues for the purpose of ensuring compliance with federal, state and/or local requirements.
- Sign off on all requisition
- Maintain and deliver payroll information to appropriate individual.
- Responds to inquiries from internal/ and external sources (e. g. Boards, ministry leader, office staff and/or Pastor).
- Perform all essential functions as related in the duties and responsibilities
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge is required to perform advanced math; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies require to satisfactorily performing the functions of the job include: principles of accounting and auditing; general governmental accounting practices; standard office practices and procedures; and pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws.
- Bachelor or Master’s preferred/ Business Degree
- Background check and drug screening
- Hrs are 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary is 40-50k, DOE
Email resumes to:email@example.com
Refer to job #50886
Qualified candidates will be contacted
- Salary is 40-50k at perm
Bach degree required, Masters degree preferred. minimum 3-5 years experience with fiscal reporting and accounting functions.