The Administrative Assistant will:
• Assist primarily in the operation of Member Legal Resources for the association.
• Provide secondary assistance in the areas of policy services and
• Providing support to the company's two attorneys.
• Providing routine administrative support for policy services, as directed by the
executive assistant for policy services.
• Providing administrative support for communications, as requested.
• Assisting other association departments as needed.
• Using Microsoft Word to develop and revise legal memos for distribution to
association membership and posting on the website.
• Production of Legal Updates for distribution and posting.
• Scheduling and setting up meetings for the association’s attorneys and the
• Responding to member inquiries via telephone and email.
• Creating and assembling presentation materials for legal staff.
• Maintaining the association’s legal subject files.
• Reviewing online policy manuals and identifying technical issues for correction.
• Copying new and revised sample policies for placement in staff manuals.
• Filing legal and policy resources.
• Editing association documents, publications and online content as requested.
• Placing association documents, publications and other content on the
website as needed and requested.
InDesign experience is a must.
A qualified candidate will:
• Have 5+ years administrative support experience, preferable.
• Possess advanced computer skills, including web-based software, InDesign,
Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Have the ability and desire to continue to learn and use new technology.
• Possess high-level proofreading skills and the ability to effectively edit text.
• Be a self-starter.
• Be detail-oriented.
• Possess strong communication skills and a customer-service oriented, willing
• Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Have a professional demeanor.