Accounts Payable Clerk
St. Charles, MO
A St. Charles based organization is in need of a full cycle Accounts Payable Specialist who is responsible for compiling, processing, and maintaining all accounts payable records as well as payments for goods and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Match accounts payable invoices to purchase orders and receivers and voucher invoices for the operation.
- Monitor past due statements/invoices from vendors.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts relative to inventories/accounts payable and maintain standard cost supplemental schedules.
- Process invoices into computer system.
- Process check requests, garnishments and tax payments insuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
- Run an aging weekly choosing invoices for payment insuring all preferred vendors are paid within terms.
- Prepare wire transfer paperwork for international accounts using both US dollars and foreign currency.
- Audit credit card and expense reports for correct general ledger distribution and timely payment.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares general ledger analysis of accounts, as required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- 2-5 Years Full Cycle Accounts Payable experience with some related work experience in Cost Accounting and / or Finance
- Technical skills in account reconciliation; cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to accounts payable invoices and financial statements.
- Strong data entry – current volume averages 250-300 per week.
- Must be proficient in MS word and Excel software programs.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
Please apply online for immediate consideration. All qualified applicants will be contacted.