Accounting Support Specialist
Elk Grove Village, IL
Excellent new opportunity for an experienced Accounting Support Specialist to assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, with priority to Accounts Payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process vendor, employee reimbursement, premium refund, and commission payments.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and vendor inquiries.
- Track dollar amount of checks issued daily through all systems, including losses.
- Assist with inquiries from external auditors.
- Other tasks as assigned by AR or AP Lead.
- Accept Claim Checks in AS400 System.
- Prepare Cash Receipt Journal Entries.
- Premium Collections
- Verify balance due for accuracy
- Write Offs
- Respond to inquiries from Collection Agency
- Reconcile every month end
- Research any issues
- High school diploma.
- Five years accounts payable experience required, 1099 and Unclaimed Property reporting a plus.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software programs, including Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Stone River products (Power2Pay, PTE, and Tracker) preferred but not necessary.
- Journal Entry experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and meet department deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.