The Principal Accountant is a primary process owner for significant areas such as balance sheet analytics, accrual bonus, accrual expense, other liability and other key business cycles. Responsibilities include making recommendations to improve accounting processes and systems by the utilization of broad accounting and business knowledge to identify accounting issues and opportunities. Provides critical support and guidance to the outsourced teams, adherence to policies and procedures and completion of daily operational tasks. The Principal Accountant also maintains effective internal controls and ensures accounting activities are GAAP compliant.
• Lead the balance sheet analytics process, including preparing, reviewing, and coordinating the variance analysis for balance sheet accounts, and additional reporting requirements as needed for management, SEC reporting and audit requirement.
• Support the monthly close process. Provide day to day accounting operations support. Prepare and review journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
• Support the Close Key Performance Indicators process, including working closely with multiple teams to communicate, report and resolve the close issues for process improvements.
• Perform and support the Compliance Testing as needed for management and audit purpose, such as unrecorded liability, Fixed Assets, Prepaids, and Construction in Process.
• Prepare and review schedules in support of external and statutory audit requirements.
• Coordinate and ensures ongoing compliance with SOX. Review, develop, and maintain SOX controls as the business environment changes as a result of process, system, and policy enhancements. Includes risk assessments and review of risk areas.
• Work with Technical Accounting on various matters for guidance and implementation of proper accounting treatment.
• Participate in global standardization efforts for policies and procedures and account reconciliations. Provide customer support to global operational teams regarding inquiries.
• BS in Accounting, Big 4, CPA or audit experience is a must
• Minimum 5-8 years of global corporate accounting experience is required
• Month-end close experience and advanced excel skills
• Outstanding oral communication, analytical, written and documentation skills
• Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively with remote teams across regions
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, work independently and a strong team player
• Attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement. Working knowledge of Oracle 11i, R12, Essbase, and Business Object is desirable